Thursday, May 14, 2009

A classmate's thoughts on smoking

In response to Albert's post entitled Oh! No smoking here! I believe that the post was nicely written and gave both sides to the argument. I work in a restaurant, and as far as i am concerned, there should be no smoking, obviously, but I do not believe that the legislature has a right to make that decision. What I enjoyed most about Albert's post is the way in which he was able to relate what happened in 2007 to what is happening now and still keep me interested and informed at the same time. Albert writes, " I've seen a chef cooking with a cigarette in the corner of his mouth, and the ash barely hanging off the end. It makes you wonder where that ash might be next. I mean, if someone can't smoke in one place, then they'd go off and smoke somewhere else and give other people secondhand smoke. Not to mention, this might hurt some bars that make some revenue off of selling cigarettes to their nicotine addicted customers." This was really gross, yet painted a perfect visual as to how dirty smoking actually is. This was a great post of his. I think that with maybe a little bit more detail we would have been able to form a more valid opinion for ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment